New Relic Logs offers a fast, scalable log management platform that allows you to connect your log data with the rest of your telemetry data. Pre-built plugins with some of the most common open-source logging tools (including Flentd, Fluent Bit, and Logstash) makes it simple to send your data from anywhere to New Relic.
How to bring in your logging data
Use New Relic Logs with compatible logging tools to see all of your logging data in one centralized location. Once Logs is enabled, you can also connect your logs with your APM data, Kubernetes clusters, or distributed tracing to get additional contextual logging data with the APM logs-in-context feature.
To get started using Logs:
- Enable New Relic Logs to start reporting your log data to the Logs UI.
- To add even more context to your logging data, enable APM logs-in-context (currently in beta).
Why New Relic for logging?
As applications move towards the cloud, microservices architecture is becoming more dispersed, making the ability to monitor logs essential.
New Relic Logs provides deeper visibility into application and infrastructure performance data (events and errors) to reduce mean-time-to-resolve (MTTR) and quickly troubleshoot production incidents. It does this by providing super-fast searching capabilities, alerts, and co-location of application, infrastructure, and log data, while visualizing everything from a single pane of glass.
New Relic Logs features
Logs provides a way to connect your log data with the rest of your telemetry data, allowing you to get to the root cause of problems quickly, without losing context switching between tools.
New Relic Logs features include:
- Search through your logs at lightning-fast speeds.
- Quickly visualize your log data directly from the Logs UI.
- Use logging data to create custom charts, dashboards, and alerts.
- Troubleshoot performance issues without switching between tools.