Most charts in New Relic show data as a single view, such as a stacked bar chart. Some pages provide additional options to view response times for your app's web transactions, non-web transactions, or browser requests. Available options may include:
- Color-coded stacked bar chart with response times
- Histograms showing data distribution up to the 95th percentile for the selected app
- Percentile line graphs showing data distribution for 99%, 95%, median, and average rankings for the selected app
Select a page
Pages with different view options for bar charts, histograms, and percentiles include:
- New Relic APM: Overview
- New Relic APM: New Relic APM: Transactions
- New Relic APM: Key transactions Overview
- New Relic Browser: Overview
- New Relic Browser: Page views
Charts with histogram and percentile options include a dropdown arrow with icons for the standard stacked chart view, histogram, or percentile. Available options for your app's web transactions, non-web transactions, or browser requests. If an option is unavailable, the icon is gray.
Here is an example of the dropdown options for an app's Overview page with the chart view selected.
Select a view option
To change the chart view option:
- From the available UI pages, select the chart title's dropdown arrow.
Select any of the available view options as applicable:
- Use any of New Relic's standard UI page functions to drill down into detailed information.
New Relic automatically determines the most appropriate chart view based on the type of data your app is reporting. If you select another page, New Relic "remembers" the last page view option (such as histogram) that you selected. To change the view option, select the chart title's dropdown arrow.