New Relic offers a variety of support options, including context-based online help, a documentation library with detailed procedures and troubleshooting tips, and support assistance.
New subscribers: After the free trial period for your account ends, you must have a paid subscription level in order to file a support ticket. If you do not have a paid account, you can use New Relic's Explorers Hub for community help.
New Relic help resources include:
- New Relic Docs site, where you can view specific documents or search for other topics
- New Relic's Explorers Hub, where you can request help and participate in discussions with New Relic users and employees
- Support tickets and an automated troubleshooting tool (New Relic Diagnostics), if included with your subscription
Depending on your subscription level, phone support also may be available. New Relic Support does not have a direct phone number. Support engineers will make arrangements directly with you for phone support when appropriate.
New Relic's Docs site contains helpful installation, configuration, and troubleshooting tips about the New Relic platform. From the main landing page, select from frequently-used categories and topics. Or, search from any page.
To toggle between English and another available language: At the top of any page on the Docs site, select the Language dropdown.
New Relic monitors requests for help through community resources, including:
- New Relic's Explorers Hub for web and mobile performance
Automated troubleshooting tool (Diagnostics)
Use New Relic Diagnostics, an automated troubleshooting tool, to detect common problems with New Relic agents. Diagnostics also provides troubleshooting steps to help solve the problem.
We encourage you to use New Relic's Support portal at support.newrelic.com. The Support portal gives you access to unified search across all of New Relic's help resources.
- If you can't find what you are looking for and your subscription level includes technical support, you can file a support ticket. (You do not need a separate login to file a ticket.)
- If your subscription level does not include technical support, you can use New Relic's Explorers Hub for community help.
To file a new ticket:
Go to support.newrelic.com > Login.
Log in to your New Relic account at rpm.newrelic.com, then select Help > Get support.
- From the Support portal, select the area of New Relic where you need help.
- Provide as many details as possible.
- Include a permalink as applicable, or select Attach file to include a log file, screenshot, or other useful attachments.
- Select Submit.
You can view or update an existing support request from your Ticket inbox in the Support portal. You can also reopen a ticket within one week of resolution. After that time, the ticket is permanently closed. If you have questions about a closed ticket, you can open a new support ticket and refer to the original ticket in your request.
For an overview of our help resources, watch this video (less than 6 min.):